This whole wheat pie crust is everything a pie crust should be. Flaky, buttery and simply divine. It may seem easier to just buy pre-packaged dough or crust, but trust me, this one is exquisite and much better than store-bought. It also has the added bonus that you know exactly what's in it!
BSF Kitchen Test: 10/23/17
Ingredients (1 crust, top and bottom)
- 3 cups soft white wheat flour
- 4 tbsp. cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup cubed butter, cold
- 9 tbsp. cold water
- Put the flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor and pulse. Add the butter and pulse again for ten-fifteen seconds, or until the butter is in pea-sized pieces.
- Add the water, starting with four tbsp. and continue adding, up to nine tbsp. The dough is ready when you pinch a small bit of it and it sticks together.
- Divide the dough into two balls and refrigerate for twenty minutes.
- Keep in the fridge for up one-two days. When ready to use, bake at 375° for 40-60 minutes, depending on the filling.
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.