BSF Kitchen Test: 7/24/15
Ingredients: Homemade Toasted Granola
• ½ cup maple syrup
• ½ cup Sucanat, cane juice crystals or honey
• 4 tsps vanilla extract
• ½ cup unrefined coconut oil
• 5 cups old-fashioned organic rolled oats
• 2 cups almonds, coarsely chopped
1. Move oven rack to middle position and pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease rimmed baking sheet with coconut oil or line with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
2. Warm maple syrup, Sucanat, vanilla and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk to combine.
3. Place oats and almonds in large mixing bowl. Pour oil mixture over oats and almonds and fold in until oats are thoroughly coated.
3. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spread evenly across even layer then use a spatula or the back of a large metal or wooden spoon to press oat mixture until very compact.
4. Bake 20 minutes, rotate pan, then back another 20 minutes.
5. Once lightly brown, remove granola from oven and cool on wire rack to room temperature. Break into bite sized pieces and store in an airtight container.
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Comments will be approved before showing up.