BSF Kitchen Test: 7/15/15
Ingredients (Serves 4):
1. Place quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve and rinse well with cold water to remove saponin (the natural coating on quinoa that can give it a bitter flavor) and drain well.
2. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of oil (olive, sunflower or coconut are good choices).
3. Add quinoa and cook, stirring continually until the quinoa is toasted (2 to 4 minutes).
4. Add oats, water/milk and any fruits and nuts of your choice and bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and allow to a simmer uncovered for 7-10 minutes to desired consistency.
6. Serve topped with your favorite sweetener.
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
This is the perfect vegetarian version of burgers if your looking for a healthier option. It is so flavorful, that your family will ask for it again and again! The chili powder adds...