March 04, 2017 1 min read
Combine the nutty taste of toasted quinoa with the hearty texture of old-fashioned oats for a delicious, protein and fiber-packed take on hot cereal.
BSF Kitchen Test: 7/15/15
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4):
1. Place quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve and rinse well with cold water to remove saponin (the natural coating on quinoa that can give it a bitter flavor) and drain well.
2. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of oil (olive, sunflower or coconut are good choices).
3. Add quinoa and cook, stirring continually until the quinoa is toasted (2 to 4 minutes).
4. Add oats, water/milk, and any fruits and nuts of your choice and bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and allow to a simmer uncovered for 7-10 minutes to desired consistency.
6. Serve topped with your favorite sweetener. Enjoy!
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 29, 2023 4 min read
September 22, 2023 5 min read
September 15, 2023 4 min read
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …