Organic Black Bean Burgers - Simple and Delicious Yum
This is the perfect vegetarian version of burgers if your looking for a healthier option. It is so flavorful, that your family will ask for it again and again! The chili powder adds a small kick, but if you especially like spice, you can up the spice factor by adding more chili powder. Enjoy!
BSF Kitchen Test: 08/25/17
Ingredients (makes 6 to 8 burgers):
- 2 cups cooked black beans, drained
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup purple onions
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado oil for oiling pan
- 6 to 8 buns
- Lettuce, tomato, pesto mayonnaise and/or onions (optional)
- Mix together the beans, bread crumbs, onions, chili powder, egg, salt and pepper and put in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Pour avocado oil into a pan and pre heat it to medium heat. Form the bean mixture into 6 or 8 burgers.
- Cook burger for 1 1/2 minutes on each side, or until brown and crispy.
- Serve warm with your favorite condiments.
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.