Organic Holiday Spice Oatmeal - Simple and Delicious Yum
Hearty oatmeal with big flavor is the perfect way to start your weekday. This recipe can be whipped up in under 15 minutes and tastes delicious plain or with a spoonful of peanut butter, preserves or any fresh or dried fruit. Enjoy!
BSF Kitchen Test: 01/19/17
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 2 cups organic whole rolled oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, fresh fruit and/or nuts (optional)
- Bring water to a rolling boil, mixing in oats and fruit and cook for 7 minutes, or until the correct consistency.
- Take pot off the heat, stirring in vanilla extract, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Mix in dark brown sugar and serve while still hot.
Brought to you by Be-Still-Farms.com, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.