4th of July Red, White & Blue Organic Waffles Yum
Celebrate the fourth with this delicious, fruit-filled, organic take on 4th-of-July waffles! Swap in organic ingredients where possible.
BSF Kitchen Test: 7/4/16
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4 to 8):
• 2 tablespoons organic sugar cane juice crystals
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1½ teaspoons aluminum-free baking soda
• 1¾ cups buttermilk
• 2 eggs
• 4 tablespoons (
½ stick) butter or olive oil
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• Olive oil from brushing waffle iron
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the buttermilk and eggs together.
4. Stir butter and vanilla into buttermilk and egg mixture.
5. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture, stir until there are no lumps and bubbles appear.
6. Brush waffle iron with a thin layer of olive oil.
7. Ladle the batter into the waffle iron and bake until the waffle is a golden brown (usually 3 to 5 minutes)
8. Serve immediately or keep warm in oven on low. Enjoy!
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.