Simple Organic Oat Bran Porridge Recipe Yum
BSF Kitchen Test: 01/12/2011
Ingredients (Serves 2):
Optional ingredients (for different flavors and variations on the recipe):
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, honey or maple syrup
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup blueberries or other fresh or dried fruit
- ½ cup chopped almonds, walnuts or pecans
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized sauce pan and place over medium-low heat.
- Cook for approximately 5 to 10 minutes or to desired consistency (cook longer for a thicker cereal).
- Stir frequently to keep oat bran from sticking to bottom of pan.
- Once cereal is at desired consistency, take the pan off heat and serve.
- Top with your favorite sweetener.
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.