February 21, 2015 1 min read
1. Rinse the quinoa under running water to remove any saponin (this is a natural
coating that can give unwashed quinoa a bitter taste) and drain the quinoa well.
2. Optional: lightly roast the quinoa in a dry pan for a few minutes.
3. Combine quinoa, oats, water, and salt in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat, add any optional ingredients at the same time.
4. Bring to a simmer and cook for approximately 7 to 10 minutes or to desired consistency (cook longer for a thicker cereal).
Stir frequently to keep from sticking to bottom of pan.
5. Sweeten as desired with maple syrup, agave, molasses, or other sweeteners.
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 24, 2021 1 min read
September 17, 2021 1 min read
September 10, 2021 1 min read
This trail mix is great for high-energy activities such as workouts, hikes, biking, or just when you need a little something to keep you going between meals. A tasty, healthy, easy-to-make snack that boosts energy and is very satisfying!
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …