Organic Quinoa & Oats Porridge Yum
This Quinoa Oats variation on the classic hot cereal is an amazing way to add the incredible health benefits of ancient Quinoa to your morning tradition.
BSF Kitchen Test: 01/05/2014
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Half a cup of raisins or other dried or fresh fruit
- Half cup of sliced or chopped nuts
- Maple syrup, agave, molasses or other sweeteners
1. Rinse the quinoa under running water to remove any saponin (this is a natural
coating that can give unwashed quinoa a bitter taste) and drain the quinoa well.
2. Optional: lightly roast the quinoa in a dry pan for a few minutes.
3. Combine quinoa, oats, water, and salt in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat, add any optional ingredients at the same time.
4. Bring to a simmer and cook for approximately 7 to 10 minutes or to desired consistency (cook longer for a thicker cereal).
Stir frequently to keep from sticking to bottom of pan.
5. Sweeten as desired with maple syrup, agave, molasses, or other sweeteners.
❤ Try our USDA certified organic White Quinoa and Regular Rolled Oats ❤
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Tasty Organic Recipes
These roasted chickpeas go great with this hearty turmeric soup. Crispy, spiced chickpeas are delicious as a meal or side! Turmeric is a strong antioxidant and has powerful anti-inflammatory benefits.
Fried rice is warm, filling, flavorful, and extra delicious served with grilled chicken or dumpling soup! Brown basmati rice is also an excellent source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
What is better to start your day with than a nice, hot bowl of oatmeal. This special pumpkin pie variation tastes remarkably like an actual pumpkin pie.