1. Rinse the quinoa under running water to remove any saponin (this is a natural
coating that can give unwashed quinoa a bitter taste) and drain the quinoa well.
2. Optional: lightly roast the quinoa in a dry pan for a few minutes.
3. Combine quinoa, oats, water and salt in a medium-sized sauce pan over medium-low heat, add any optional ingredients
at the same time.
4. Bring to a simmer and cook for approximately 7 to 10 minutes or to desired consistency (cook longer for a thicker cereal).
Stir frequently to keep from sticking to bottom of pan.
5. Sweeten as desired with maple syrup, agave, molasses or other sweeteners.
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
This is the perfect vegetarian version of burgers if your looking for a healthier option. It is so flavorful, that your family will ask for it again and again! The chili powder adds...