Organic Herb Barley Salad Recipe Yum
A great salad filled with fresh summer vegetables and herbs. Also a wheat-free alternative to pasta salad that can be served warm, room temp or chilled.
BSF Kitchen Test: 7/25/16
Ingredients (Serves 6 to 8):
- 1 cup raw organic hulled barley
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Combine barley and water in a medium sized saucepan and place over high heat, bring to a boil.
- Once barley begins to boil, turn heat down to low and allow to simmer until done, about 40 minutes.
- When the barley is done, toss the vegetables with the barley in a large serving bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the vinegar, garlic, oil and mustard in a bowl and pour over the barley and vegetables.
- Add sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste along with the herbs and toss again until everything is combined.
- This salad can be served at room temperature or chilled. The leftovers taste even better!
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.