Organic Gingerbread Waffle - Holiday Recipe Yum
This holiday take on the classic waffle is so scrumptious that once you make it, it will become a family favorite. This recipe combines the bold holiday flavor of traditional gingerbread with our family waffle recipe and is simply delicious with a glass of real apple cider.
BSF Kitchen Test: 12/30/17
Ingredients (Makes 8 square waffles):
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 10.5 oz organic soft white wheat flour
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- Powdered sugar for serving (optional)
- Mix together the wet ingredients (milk, coconut oil, molasses, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in a medium sized bowl
- Mix together the dry ingredients (flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt) in a large bowl
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until most clumps are broken, it is fine if there are still some small clumps.
- Let sit for no less than 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Pour into waffle iron and cook as directed.
- Best served warm with butter and syrup or with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.