Organic Buckwheat Pancakes Yum
Slightly nutty and rich in flavor, this is a delicious grown-up take on a classic. These pancakes are best served warm with maple syrup and butter, but they are also delicious as a midmorning snack with peanut butter or nutella.
BSF Kitchen Test: 12/10/16
Ingredients (Makes 14 to 15 four-inch pancakes):
- Vegetable oil for coating the pan
- 3/4 cup (5 oz) organic buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup (5 oz) soft white wheat (or all-purpose) flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (475 ml) buttermilk
- Heat up your greased pan or griddle on medium heat.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk and butter.
- Let sit 10-15 minutes to thicken.
- Ladle onto pan about a 1/4 cup of batter for each 4-inch pancake. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook pancakes for 2-3 minutes.
- When bubbles begin to appear and pop on the surface of the pancake flip the pancake. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until it has reached desired color.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.