Organic Brown Rice Pilaf - Simple and Delicious Yum
Rice Pilaf is one of those dishes that seems a bit unapproachable. It seems so much easier to just grab a box of the shelf at the supermarket. But this recipe is infinitely better than any boxed pilaf. The flavor of the garlic really comes through and the orzo adds a nice texture. Once you try this, you will never go back to the boxed version again!
BSF Kitchen Test: 04/27/17
Ingredients (makes 8-10 servings):
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 cup organic brown basmati rice
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup water
- Fresh herbs (optional)
- In a medium-sized pot, cook garlic for about 1 minute on medium-high heat, until fragrant. Add rice and orzo, cooking (and stirring) for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add water and broth to the pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-low and cook for about 30-40 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Serve hot with fresh herbs (parsley, basil, or thyme).
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.