Chocolate Biscotti Cookies - Simple and Delicious Yum
These cookies are very similar to biscotti, but in cookie form. They aren't to sweet and are a chocolate lovers dream! As it is like biscotti, I love it served with a cup of tea, but it can be enjoyed plain or with ice cream too!
BSF Kitchen Test: 08/25/17
Ingredients (16 cookies):
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup whole rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, mix together the oat flour, oats, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, flaxseed, salt and baking soda.
- Combine dry ingredients with the applesauce, coconut oil, egg and almond butter. If using, add the chocolate chips and mix with your hands or a rubber spatula.
- Place tablespoon sized balls of dough on a greased pan and bake for ten minutes.
- Serve plain or with ice cream.
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.