Harvest Oatmeal - Simple and Delicious Yum
What is better to start your day with than a nice, hot bowl of oatmeal. This special harvest variation is so delicious. It's the perfect hearty breakfast to start a busy Thanksgiving Day. Topping it with maple syrup adds a delicious bit of sweetness, and finishes this breakfast dish off very nicely.
BSF Kitchen Test: 09/15/18
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2/3 cup whole rolled oats
- 1/3 oat bran
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ground flax
- 1 Tbsp. whole flax
- 1 green apple, diced
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Maple syrup for sweetening (optional)
- Place oats, flax, apple, pumpkin seeds, almonds, raisins, and cinnamon in a medium pot and stir.
- Add water (or milk) and place on medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until it reaches desired consistency.
- Spoon into bowls, and serve hot with syrup.
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.