Black Turtle Bean Chili Yum
This chili recipe is a tasty, warm dish perfect for a cool autumn night. High in protein, magnesium, and fiber, Black Turtle Beans are an incredibly nutritious and nourishing part of this meal.
BSF Kitchen Test: 9/8/2020
INGREDIENTS (makes 6-8 servings)
- 2 cups uncooked Black Turtle Beans
- 1lb lean ground turkey
- 1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn
- 1 can (15 oz) diced Mexican style tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) diced regular tomatoes (If you would like it to be spicier, just add 2 cans Mexican style tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
Black bean prep (start 3 hours beforehand):
- Bring 5 cups of water and beans to a boil and let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let it sit for 1 hour.
- Drain, pour 5 cups of fresh water on the beans and boil for 1 ½ -2 hours or until tender
- Mix seasoning ingredients in small bowl
- Brown turkey meat in pan, add taco seasoning and mix well
- Add ground meat, tomatoes, beans, and corn to large pot and stir
- Let simmer for 15 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips. Enjoy!
❤ Try our USDA certified organic Black Turtle Beans ❤
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.