February 21, 2015 1 min read
1. Rinse the quinoa under running water to remove any saponin (this is a natural
coating that can give unwashed quinoa a bitter taste) and drain the quinoa well.
2. Optional: lightly roast the quinoa in a dry pan for a few minutes.
3. Combine quinoa, oats, water, and salt in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat, add any optional ingredients at the same time.
4. Bring to a simmer and cook for approximately 7 to 10 minutes or to desired consistency (cook longer for a thicker cereal).
Stir frequently to keep from sticking to bottom of pan.
5. Sweeten as desired with maple syrup, agave, molasses, or other sweeteners.
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
December 23, 2022 1 min read
December 16, 2022 1 min read
December 09, 2022 2 min read
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …