- About Us
March 04, 2017 1 min read
Combine the nutty taste of toasted quinoa with the hearty texture of old-fashioned oats for a delicious, protein and fiber-packed take on hot cereal.
BSF Kitchen Test: 7/15/15
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4):
• ¼ cup white quinoa
• ¾ cup regular rolled oats
• 3 cups of water or milk
• 1 cup fruit (dried or fresh) or nuts
1. Place quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve and rinse well with cold water to remove saponin (the natural coating on quinoa that can give it a bitter flavor) and drain well.
2. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of oil (olive, sunflower or coconut are good choices).
3. Add quinoa and cook, stirring continually until the quinoa is toasted (2 to 4 minutes).
4. Add oats, water/milk, and any fruits and nuts of your choice and bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and allow to a simmer uncovered for 7-10 minutes to desired consistency.
6. Serve topped with your favorite sweetener. Enjoy!
❤ Try our USDA certified organic White Quinoa and Regular Rolled Oats ❤
Brought to you by Be Still Farms, where we have discovered that truly healthy foods, prepared as God intended, can taste far better than any processed imitation on which many of us were raised. To shop for these and other ingredients, click here.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
June 02, 2023 3 min read
May 26, 2023 2 min read
May 19, 2023 4 min read
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
© 2023 Be Still Farms- Real, Fine Organics.
Privacy | Terms | Refund Policy | Organic Certification